4th Social Policy Research Conference, Version 4.1
ESPAnet Austria ‐ CALL FOR PAPERS
08‐09 April 2021, University of Graz
We would like to invite you to the upcoming Research Conference of ESPAnet Austria ‐ the network of social policy researchers in Austria. Although social policy issues feature strongly in the public discourse, scientific exchange based on research and analysis could still be strengthened. Social policy research in Austria is a multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary field that deals with a broad range of topics from different disciplines using different theoretical and methodological perspectives. ESPAnet Austria’s research conferences contribute to deepening the scientific discourse and improving the exchange across disciplinary, theoretical and methodological differences.
This time, the conference will take place from 08‐09 April 2021 at the University of Graz, Austria. If the COVID-19 pandemic does not allow meeting in Graz personally, the conference will take place as an online or hybrid conference instead.
Call for Papers
We cordially invite established researchers as well as PhD-students to take part in the Call for Papers and submit abstracts on their research topics. Since the exchange across disciplinary boundaries is particularly important to us, we invite colleagues from different disciplines to discuss their theoretical or empirical work in a multidisciplinary environment. Young researchers in particular are encouraged to submit their work.
The research conference will focus on social policy research in Austria and social policy research on Austria, analyses from a regional, national or comparative perspective as well as in a European or global context.
Abstract submissions should include the following:
- Title of the paper
- Name of the author
- Abstract with information on background and research question, method or approach, results anddiscussion (length: max. 300 words)
- Institution, postal and e‐mail addresses of the authorsAbstract submissions are possible until December 21st, 2020.
Please send abstracts in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org by e‐mail.
Organizational aspects of the conference
- Date: 08‐09 April 2021 (from/until noon to enable arrival or departure on the respective day)
- Location: University of Graz (ReSoWi-Zentrum, Universitätsstraße 15, 8010 Graz), Austria
- Conference fee: € 50 (not applicable in case of an online conference)
- Conference languages are German and English
- Local Organization: Margareta Kreimer, Institute of Economics & Daniel Reiter, Institute of Public Economics, University of Graz, Austria
- Website: follows! ESPAnet (www.espanet.org)ESPAnet (The European Network for Social Policy Analysis) is a network of European researchers in the field of social policy research. The network was founded in 2002 to promote the development of research and teaching in social policy analysis and to support interdisciplinary exchange and cooperation between researchers.ESPAnet Austria (https://www.wu.ac.at/sozialpolitik/espanet-austria)ESPAnet Austria follows the objectives of ESPAnet and aims in particular at the following:
- Promotion of inter‐ and multidisciplinary exchange and cooperation between social policyresearchers in Austria
- Support young researchers in developing their skills and knowledge in social policy analysisThe focus lies on:
- Austrian social policy
- Austrian social policy from a comparative European and global perspective
- International and supranational social policy and its significance for social policy in Austria
- Promotion of the visibility of social policy research in Austria