he 2017 Annual ESPAnet Conference, 14th-16th September 2017 in Lisbon.
“New Horizons of European Social Policy: Risks, Opportunities and Challenges”
The Call for papers opnes January 3rd 2017
The homepage of the 2017 ESPAnet Conference is open: www.espanetlisbon/2017.eu
List of streams is posted.
The organising committee of the 2017 ESPAnet Annual Conference is located at ISCSP-ULisboa, Portugal.
They invited expressions of interest from colleagues willing to act as stream convenors. The 2017 ESPAnet conference in Portugal, on the 15th anniversary of ESPAnet and on the 10th anniversary of the Lisbon Treaty, is a challenging, yet timely, opportunity to discuss the new horizons of European social policy.
Responsibilities of Stream Convenors: – Stream convenors are responsible for one or more sessions organised within a particular stream. The total number of sessions per stream will depend on the number of abstracts accepted.
– Stream convenors participate in the selection of abstracts, ranking all abstracts submitted for their respective stream. Stream convenors may not submit abstracts to their own stream. The review of abstracts will be organised after the closure of the call for abstracts, 15th March. Only one abstract submission per researcher is allowed.
– Final decisions on the number of sessions per stream and the acceptance of abstracts will be made by the local organising committee after full information concerning streams is available.
– In the run-up to the Conference, stream convenors together with local organisers, supervise the deadlines for paper submission and review the situation concerning contributed papers in case deadlines are not met.
– In the Conference, Stream convenors chair their respective session(s). Stream convenors may not present papers, not even as a co-author in their own stream. To guarantee coherence across sessions, they are also asked to a) give either an introductory presentation on the theme of their stream and how the papers chosen for presentation fit the research in this area, or b) synthesise the stream’s output after paper presentations.
Stream Themes – As organisers, we invite and give priority to suggestions for streams that fit the overall theme of the conference.
– Over the years, ESPAnet Conferences have had many different streams, some with established continuity. A list of suggested themes for the 2017 Conference is listed below.
– Proposals for stream titles may differ from the stream themes listed below, but suggestions should bear in mind that topics should appeal to a large number of researchers, allow submissions from different disciplinary backgrounds and countries and that all streams and sessions have to be organised as open streams and sessions (no closed research/interest networks).
Suggestions for Stream Themes: