There is an open PhD position (80-100%) at my unit at the University of Lausanne. Please feel free to forward this information to anybody who might be interested.Graduate Assistant in social policyIdentifiant de la demande 16032 – Publié 12/06/2020 – (Doctorant·e) – (Sciences politiques) – (Temps partiel) – (Faculté de droit, des sciences criminelles et d’administration publique) – (Corps intermédiaire)
Introduction: UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. As an employer, UNIL encourages excellence, individual recognition and responsibility.
Presentation: At the Swiss Graduate School of Public Administration of the Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice and Public Administration at the University of Lausanne an assistant/Ph.D. position (80%-100%) is available starting August 1th 2020 or on a date to be agreed upon.
The position is part of the Research Unit “Inequality and Integration” headed by Ass. Prof. Dr. Flavia Fossati. The candidate for this position is expected to conduct complete a doctoral research project within the field of social inequality and integration research with a specific focus on immigration and education related issues.
Job information: Expected start date in position : 01.08.2020 or by agreementContract length : 1 year, renewable 2 x 2 years, maximum 5 yearsActivity rate : 80-100%Workplace : IDHEAP, Rue de la Mouline 28, 1015 Lausanne
Duties: Perform research work for PhD thesis
• Collaborate in administrative and project work of the research unit
• Possibility to take part in consulting activities and teaching activities in the field of immigration and integration
Your profile: Applicants should have the equivalent of a master’s degree in Political Science, Sociology, or Economics, with an interest and openness to other disciplines
• Excellent skills in data analysis (Stata or R) and knowledge about statistical methods; programming skills are an asset;
• Knowledge and deep interest in social inequality research, in particular linked to immigration research, and/or research on the integration of immigrants in the labour market or in another public policy field (e.g. education);
• Strong interest in writing of a PhD thesis and publishing high quality research;
• Innovative, accurate, reliable and persistent;
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required. Proficiency in French is an asset.
What the position offers you:A pleasant, multicultural and diversified academic working environment, competitive remuneration and good international travel opportunities. We provide a close supervision of your doctoral thesis and opportunities for continuing education, as well as a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
Contact for further information: Further information may be obtained from Ass. Prof. Dr. Flavia Fossati, +41 21 692 69 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application Deadline: 30.06.2020
Please, send your full application in Word or PDF including an application letter, a full CV, and copies of certificates (all in one PDF file) and one writing sample (e.g. MA thesis, or publication).
Only applications through this website will be taken into account: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career%5fns=job%5flisting&company=universitdP&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&rcm%5fsite%5flocale=fr%5fFR&site=VjItQWt5MjVDbnNGNGlkV21MMFpPZDkrdz09&career_job_req_id=16032&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=QP2OkKeJI001F9UhIcc4oACGSzjKUDDD8KJHVW5OdD8%3d