Reference Number 2021/XY. The research group “Politics of Labor Market Inequality and Occupational Mobility” as part of the Cluster of Excellence “The Politics of Inequality” invites applications for a postdoctoral position for a duration of 24 months starting in September 2022 (or upon agreement). In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007, it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
Dr. Thomas Kurer and his research group investigate the political implications of labor market inequality and occupational change, such as the impact of a transforming employment structure on contemporary electoral contestation, the relationship between changing patterns of occupational mobility and political behavior, or the feasibility and effectiveness of different government responses to labor market inequality.
- PhD in political science, sociology or economics (completed or near completion)
- Interest and experience in research on the politics of inequality
- Advanced knowledge of quantitative methods and/or survey and experimental methods
- Ability to work constructively and effectively as part of a research team
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Willingness to contribute to science communication
- A full-time research position without teaching obligation
- Participation in a dynamic research group with a lot of room to develop your own project
- Generous budget for independent research/data collection
- The initial employment is at 100% salary scale E13 TV-L
- Attractive research environment within the Cluster
- Access to additional Research Funds of the Cluster
- Letter of interest
- A brief project proposal or an outline of a research question that you would like to tackle (1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
- Writing sample (one paper or chapter, either published or unpublished)
- Names and contacts of two potential references
Interested candidates may contact Thomas Kurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information. We look forward to receiving your application (compiled as a single PDF file) by April 1st, 2022 via our Online Application Portal.